21 April 2015

Let's talk about myself then

This text was originally published here (in Portuguese) on the 17-Mar-2008

My initial description of myself here in Blogger stated that to know more about me the best was to read what I wrote and latter make your own judgement about my person. Maybe not these exact words, well for sure not was since it was written in Portuguese, but the same message nonetheless.

But actually who am I? I think that is not at all relevant, more interesting is the What than the Who. So, what am I?
I think I am really a ... strange dude. I reckon is it always tricky to talk about ourselves, since I believe it is really hard to get it right.
What I can really say is that I am somewhat tall (1,85m), somewhat obese (~110kg) and somewhat a stinky pig (my wife used to say I should wash more often, and I am known to burp loudly regardless of the time and place). These are facts.
And then some say I am very intelligent (mostly my granny), others say I am ill-mannered (several people), others also say I am pretty (can't think of anyone now, as not even my wife says that any more).
It seems I am generally a cheerful guy that seems to get along with most people and I believe I can create empathy with others, that somehow think I am funny and nice, since I can usually talk about everything and with everyone without offending other peoples' beliefs and opinions (although I am loosing the patience to continue talking with people that think very different).

And then I like to say that I am sui generis.

In a weak attempt to show the type of guy I am when chatting to on daily basis, I give you the transcript (maybe not 100% truthful) of an online chat I had recently with my friend (at the time) Carla:
Carla: "Let's talk about something"
Bruno: "OK, what do you want to talk about?"
"Do you want to talk about the issues affecting Education?"
Carla: "No"
Bruno: "Maybe about the fact that PSOE did not obtain absolute majority in the Spanish general elections?"
"Perhaps you prefer to discuss the ongoing Barack Obama VS Hillary Clinton dispute"
Carla: "I don't understand those issues"
"Maybe it's better to just talk about the weather"
Bruno: "Let's talk about the weather, then. It's fucking hot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment