02 March 2022

Gone with the War



One week ago I was planning to write a text about a prediction I made 7 years ago (February 24, 2015) in regards to electric cars. I'd already thought and structured the text in my head and even made a research to confirm the data but with the daily stuff hadn't found the time to sit at the computer and start writing it down. The main reason behind writing about this subject was to not keep banging on the same key over and over about the usual subject, the pandemic. But in reality I still had a draft about the pandemic, namely about its announced ending and what was coming with it, almost like a season finale as I wasn't planning to return to it for weeks and months to come.
But then the war came and all plans went up in smoke...


Much like what happened 2 years ago, and it's very common in me, an event as impactful as this to everyone becomes an obsession. Back in 2020 when the epidemic became a pandemic, I read a lot, I wrote a lot, I even did what I designated podcasts but were basically just going live on Facebook and some others recorded directly for YouTube. Now that a full scale war broke out less than 2000 km away from where I live, and with the risk of spreading to the rest of Europe, the obsession is even greater although I'm less worried, for the time being, than I was at this time in regards to the pandemic (as I quickly became convinced it would affect the entire world).
So now my Facebook page is practically and exclusively dedicated to this conflict and I no longer have any motivation to write about other subjects, because my brain won't even allow for that, it's close to 100% focused on what's happening in Ukraine.

In the coming days I'll copy over to this international blog cogitations and other texts I have in my main blog (written in Portuguese). The publish date will match the original one from the other blog. The main objective with this is so that I document my considerations in this organized space and in a language I can easily share with others (instead of the texts being partially visible in Facebook or Twitter. As with my original texts in Portuguese, this will simplify the process of revisiting and reviewing this theme, so that I can make new conclusions and learn from previous errors. It might become a reference, even if only for myself, for the future.
So you will find some texts published later on but with a previous date than this current one.

And for the rest is just hoping that the title, that was inspired by the (in)famous 1939 movie because it popped in my head and sounded good, won't be a prophecy...

No comments:

Post a Comment